Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications when making application:
- Possess a high school or a GED certificate of equivalence
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Attend the orientation session in its entirety.
- Receive a score of 70% on the Ramsey Corp. Job Skills Assessment.
- Must be physically able to perform all duties of an Apprentice Operating Engineer.
- It is the responsibility of a qualified applicant to seek and find their own employment. Applicants who present a letter from a participating employer (on company letterhead) stating that the employer would like to hire the applicant as an Operating Engineer Apprentice greatly increases the chances of placement into the program, but you do not need a letter to initiate your application process.
- After satisfying the above requirements, the apprentice candidate must successfully complete the pre- placement training.
Click below to apply