Steps to become an Local 49 apprentice
To qualify to be considered for apprenticeship with local 49 you must be at
- Least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fill out the Online application.
- Once the online application is completed you will receive an email that will
outline directions for you to schedule the examination.
- Take the exam in order qualify for apprenticeship you will have to take and pass an entrance examination that covers basic reading and math.
- You will need to bring a valid driver’s license and a copy of your official high school diploma or equivalent to the exam.
- Pass the exam and receive letter of eligibility for apprenticeship.
- The letter of eligibility for apprenticeship that you can take with you to contractors offices.
- You will be provided with a list of signatory contractors.
- Once you have been issued a letter of intent to hire from a signatory contractor you will be enrolled in local 49’s apprenticeship.
- You will receive more information and training.