We are accepting applications for Minnesota, North and South Dakota residents.
Print out the application and mail it to the address listed. We will be having another selection process for both Pre-Apprenticeship Training Programs this winter.
- Dirt Operator Time Card
- Crane Operator Time Card
- Application for Crane Apprenticeship
- Application for Dirt Apprenticeship
Dates and times of information & orientation meetings will be sent to individuals who have submitted the written application. Information about the testing process for pre-apprentice candidates will be presented at your informational meeting.
How do I apply for the training to become an apprentice?
- Go the website under the “Apprenticeship” tab and click on “Application for Apprenticeship”. Applications are fillable online or can be printed and mailed/faxed to the Training Center. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the applicant and he/she will also be notified by mail about informational meeting dates held at the Training Center (meetings are held early in the calendar year). The Apprenticeship Program and the process for pre-apprentice training will be explained at these meetings, as well as covering information on the industry, i.e. hiring, pay scale, and work sites. Applicants must attend one of these mandatory meetings to be eligible for consideration for the pre-apprenticeship training.
Some information can also be found on the website.
Do I need experience to apply?
NO, Applicants do not need experience on heavy equipment or any specialized schooling to apply. You must have a High School or GED diploma.
Can I receive credit for past experience and/or schooling as an operator?
YES, This information should be disclosed on the application. Credited hours can be credited based on the type and amount of schooling. Work experience will be credited in the same manner, but also has to be approved/verified by the employer.
Do you give applicants a list of contractors?
YES, All applicants are given a list of signatory contractors in their geographical area for them to contact.
How do I increase my chances of becoming an apprentice?
How do I increase my chances of becoming an apprentice:
- Get accepted into the pre-apprenticeship program
- Question: How do I get into pre-apprenticeship program?
- Answer: Your chances are increased by attending an informational meeting, passing the Ramsey basics skills test, taking a self-descriptive test and being selected for an interview.
- By obtaining a “Letter of intent” from a signatory contractor and passing the Ramsey basic skills test.